A decomposing body was found inside a septic tank at Chokaa Estate off Kangundo Road on Monday, January 13.
According to a report by People Daily, the body was that of a 10-year-old girl who had been reported missing in September 2019.
The body was recovered by a construction worker at the estate in the evening. The labourer was working at an adjacent building.
The recovery was later confirmed by detectives from the Kayole Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) who carried out forensic investigations at the venue aided by their colleagues from the Crime Scene Support Services.
Those who discovered the body accompanied the deceased's aunt and uncle who recorded a statement at Kayole Police Station on the same day.
The body of the deceased was transferred to City Mortuary pending a postmortem examination.
This came just months after the body of the late billionaire Tob Cohen was found in a septic tank on Friday, September 13, 2019.
Cohen's body was found in his home in Lower Kabete area after he went missing for 40 days.
"The body of Dutch billionaire Tob Cohen has been found buried in his home more than 40 days after he was reported missing," read a statement released at the time.
His wife, Sarah Cohen, is still under probe following the gruesome murder of the tycoon.
- ImageWhere are they?1 April 2020 - 11:21 am
- Imagerebuke1 April 2020 - 10:30 am
- Imagebrighter days1 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- Imageexposed1 April 2020 - 9:51 am
- ImageCovid-191 April 2020 - 9:32 am
- Imageunfortunate1 April 2020 - 9:16 am
- Imageheartbreaking1 April 2020 - 8:38 am
- Imagenick of time1 April 2020 - 7:58 am
- ImageMy Take1 April 2020 - 7:33 am
- Imageintervention1 April 2020 - 7:50 am
- Imagesecond chance31 March 2020 - 8:37 pm
- Imageon the radar1 April 2020 - 7:27 am