2017 Machakos gubernatorial aspirant Wavinya Ndeti on Tuesday evening, January 14, poured her heart out to President Uhuru Kenyatta after her appointment as Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) in charge of Transport.
Taking to her Twitter, Ms Ndeti expressed her gratitude to the head of state for allowing her to serve in the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure.
"I thank the Almighty God for his boundless grace. I thank His Excellency President Uhuru Kenyatta for giving me this opportunity to serve the people of this great country as the Chief Administrative Secretary for Transport.
"It’s time to get down to work and get the wheels moving," she stated.
Further, she thanked Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka and former Prime Minister Raila Odinga, stating that the two had always accorded her advice and support.
"Let’s get the needle moving, and serve our great country Kenya. I am looking forward to working with the Cabinet secretary in charge," she added.
In 2019, Wavinya was also appointed as a chairperson in the Kenya Water Institute, where she would serve for a period of three years.
During the President's Cabinet reshuffle on Tuesday, January 14, he also appointed 14 other new CASs including;
1. Hussein Dado- Interior and Coordination of National Government
2. Patrick Ole Ntutu - Labor and Social Protection
3. Andrew Tuimur - Water, Sanitation, Irrigation
4. Abdul Bahari - Devolution and ASAR
5. Lawrence Karanja - Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development
6. Peter Odoyo - Defence
7. Maureen Magoma - ICT, Innovation, Youth affairs
8. Winnie Guchu - State Law Office
9. Wavinya Ndeti - Transport
10. Zacharia Kinuthia Mugure - Education
11. Mumina Bonaya - Education
12. Linah Chebii Kilimo - Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives
13. Ann Mukami Nyaga - Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives
14. Mercy Mwangangi - Health
15. Nadia Ahmed Abdalla - ICT
The president made it clear that he expected the new appointees to act as role models to fellow youngsters.
"I hope they work and indeed understudy their more experienced colleagues in government, with the aim of readying themselves to assume senior leadership positions in the near future," the president spoke.
- tell-all4 July 2020 - 6:56 pm
- new high4 July 2020 - 5:02 pm
- my side4 July 2020 - 4:50 pm
- new job new car4 July 2020 - 4:37 pm
- only the truth4 July 2020 - 3:20 pm
- Power play4 July 2020 - 2:51 pm
- from grass to grace4 July 2020 - 2:38 pm
- square one4 July 2020 - 12:40 pm
- Troubled times4 July 2020 - 12:29 pm
- switched lanes4 July 2020 - 1:57 pm
- Facelift4 July 2020 - 11:57 am
- wrap it up4 July 2020 - 11:29 am