Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations on Saturday, January 18 recovered several bullets from the house of Embakasi MP Babu Owino in Kileleshwa, after a thorough search to assist in the ongoing investigation against the legislator.
In a story by K24 Digital, investigators following on the matter reported that the lawmaker owned the bullets legally, but confiscated them to assist in the probe.
Police also took samples of the parliamentarian’s DNA to help in ascertaining ownership of the weapon believed to have been used to shoot DJ Evolve at B Club in Kilimani.
The DNA samples are also expected to be used to establish the MP’s role at the scene of the crime.
The popular club at Kilimani, Nairobi was cordoned off on Friday, January 17.
A senior DCI officer who sought anonymity also told K24 Digital that they had established that the MP had paid at least Ksh 600,000 for the victim’s treatment at The Nairobi Hospital.
After the search at his home, the MP was taken back to Gigiri Police Station where he will spend the weekend pending arraignment on Monday, January 20.
On Saturday morning, January 18 the ODM parliamentarian was moved from his detention cell at Kilimani Police Station.
Media reports indicated that he was transferred to Gigiri Police Station after what was termed as a plan by his supporters to storm Kilimani and demand his release.
Detectives explained that they moved him to ensure normalcy of operations was maintained at Kilimani Police Station without interruption.
The police officers in the area also reported that they had spotted tens of youth, suspected to be the MP’s supporters, grouping near the police station.
“Intelligence reports reveal that the suspect’s supporters were planning to engage in unlawful activities at Kilimani Police Station, and therefore, we had to take precautions,” remarked the detective.
- ImageIn the footsteps21 February 2020 - 9:20 pm
- ImageFamily Feud21 February 2020 - 8:31 pm
- ImageSpecial liking21 February 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Imageunder the hammer21 February 2020 - 8:07 pm
- ImageSad21 February 2020 - 7:51 pm
- ImageMemories21 February 2020 - 8:44 pm
- ImageBamboozled21 February 2020 - 7:06 pm
- ImageRelief21 February 2020 - 6:17 pm
- ImageHere are the numbers21 February 2020 - 5:52 pm
- Imagenabbed21 February 2020 - 5:39 pm
- Imagedeserved21 February 2020 - 6:04 pm
- ImageConfrontation21 February 2020 - 5:19 pm