On Friday, January 17, at State House Mombasa, the head of state detailed a new comprehensive strategy in the war, which encompassed security officers receiving an equipment upgrade, multi-agency coordination, advanced training and community involvement and incentives.
On Thursday, January 23, Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) received new helicopters that were commissioned by Chief of Defence Forces General Samson Mwathethe at Embakasi, Nairobi.
"The purchase of the helicopters is part of the KDF modernisation programme," a tweet by KDF read.
According to KDF, the MD 530F Cayuse Warrior choppers are of modern generation attack. The planes cost approximately Ksh 141 billion.
The multi-purpose armed helicopter can be deployed in tactical, reconnaissance and transport operations. It can also carry out airborne law enforcement, executive and personnel transport, air medical services, search and rescue (SAR), firefighting and other public safety missions.
Being armed aids them to engage targets on the ground, such as enemy infantry and armoured fighting vehicles. The helicopters can also provide direct and accurate close air support for ground troops.
KDF also stated that the choppers were fixed with contemporary airborne and armament systems.
According to a military analysis website, the armament systems entails carrying explosive devices that can be accurately delivered from the planes while airborne.
The system handles some of the most delicate weapons in the military, from explosives to bombs and rockets.
Being contemporary airborne means that the choppers can be fully operational and fire weapons while off the ground. Soldiers can also alight from the planes while in mid-air.
The interior is equipped with fire extinguishers, soundproofing system, map case and an instrument lighting.
- update16 January 2021 - 3:13 pm
- nairobbery16 January 2021 - 3:12 pm
- notice16 January 2021 - 2:26 pm
- Justice corridors16 January 2021 - 1:46 pm
- rogue riders16 January 2021 - 1:11 pm
- Afro Cinema!16 January 2021 - 12:17 pm
- details16 January 2021 - 12:29 pm
- crossing the line?16 January 2021 - 12:47 pm
- talented16 January 2021 - 11:50 am
- stranded16 January 2021 - 11:40 am
- new year new job16 January 2021 - 11:21 am
- Tough Year16 January 2021 - 11:05 am