Nairobi Woman Representative Esther Passaris, on Sunday, January 26, touched down at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport after a month-long treatment in India.
The lawmaker was flown to India where she underwent spinal surgery at Care Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS) Hospital.
Her personal assistant shared photos of the lawmaker with Kenyans.co.ke showing Passaris seemingly in a jovial mood with some of her supporters who had gone to the airport to receive her.
According to a video that Passaris shared, there was jubilation in the crowd which sang before she made a speech.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, her PA noted that the lawmaker had landed in the afternoon adding that her health had improved and all she needed was rest.
He further pointed out that she would not be attending Parliament proceedings when the National Assembly resumes on February 11, because she would have flown out for another work-related trip to Bangkok, Thailand.
"Parliament resumes on 11th February but Passaris is among a few global parliamentarians who have been selected to attend the Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Forum 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand.
"She will travel on Tuesday to represent Kenya at this forum," shared her personal assistant.
Her trip to India had, earlier, elicited mixed reactions online where Kenyans wished her quick recovery while others tore into her.
"Our prayers for quick recovery," former presidential aspirant Martha Karua joined other Kenyans in wishing her a speedy recovery.
"This is a Kenyan MP in the capital city of Nairobi, saying she went for treatment abroad because hospitals in the city lack facilities, qualified personnel and ability to treat her. Poor Kenyans who can't afford (treatment) abroad should just die, that's what she is saying," Enoch Cheruiyot lamented.
"There is a spinal injury hospital in Nairobi. A public hospital," rapper King Kaka suggested.
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm
- Imagesad22 February 2020 - 1:50 pm
- ImageLocked22 February 2020 - 1:34 pm
- Imagethe architect22 February 2020 - 1:01 pm
- ImagePower play22 February 2020 - 11:21 am
- ImageThird Eye22 February 2020 - 10:55 am