Kiss FM radio presenter Nick Ndeda on Wednesday, January 29, narrated how his late brother, Jeremy Odhiambo, helped him kickstart a career in media.
Ndeda, who is also an actor, disclosed on his social media pages, that he had accompanied his brother for an audition at Homeboyz Radio when he got the job.
"Thirteen years ago, my brother Saliva Vic (RIP) asked me to accompany him for an audition for a new radio station that was soon to be launched. He needed company in the queue as he waited to shoot his shot. I had a free morning so I said why not," read an excerpt from his Instagram post.
Despite not having any plans of auditioning, the receptionist at the media house encouraged him, stating that it would not cost him anything.
"After three hours of standing outside in the Nairobi heat, it was finally my brother's turn to try out so I wished him the best and started to walk away. That's when the receptionist there asked me why I wasn't going in.
"I told her I was just bringing my brother. She says: 'You've been standing in the sun for over three hours! The audition is only 30 seconds, plus the room has AC! What do you have to lose?'" Ndeda continued.
He added that he ended up getting the job opportunity at Homeboyz Radio but as fate would have it, his brother, did not get the chance.
"Sometimes life is like that. I guess the moral here is always have an open mind when it comes to new experiences," he concluded.
The Kiss FM presenter worked at the Homeboyz Entertainment-owned radio station for seven years before leaving for Hot 96 FM.
"I like to listen to my inner voice, I felt I had grown and had learnt all I could learn there, I left on good terms. I did not know where I was going or what I was going to do but I knew that it was time to quit," he stated in a previous interview.
Ndeda, who doubles up as an actor with a great passion for the art, then got an opportunity to play the character 'Kalonzo' in M-Net's popular show 'Jacob’s Cross'.
It is after the much-publicized play that he joined X FM, where he presented until March 15, 2019.
- Imageirate22 February 2020 - 8:50 pm
- ImageStay Away!22 February 2020 - 8:40 pm
- Imageshots fired22 February 2020 - 7:41 pm
- Imagelooking back22 February 2020 - 7:21 pm
- Imagefirst appearence22 February 2020 - 6:44 pm
- ImageStreamlining the system22 February 2020 - 5:47 pm
- Imagedivine calling22 February 2020 - 5:58 pm
- Imagerelieve22 February 2020 - 4:00 pm
- ImageGreat Talk22 February 2020 - 4:49 pm
- Imagereviving the dream22 February 2020 - 3:30 pm
- Imagetill further notice22 February 2020 - 2:59 pm
- ImageTaking Initiative22 February 2020 - 2:46 pm