Five Savings and Credit Cooperative Organizations (SACCO) have been blacklisted over allegations of operating illegally and collecting funds from the public with false promises of favourable returns.
The warning was posted by the SACCO Societies Regulatory Authority (SASRA) which is a statutory state corporation.
In the newspaper and online announcement, SASRA warned that the Saccos were duping the public of their hard earned money.
'Members of the public are therefore requested and advised to desist from undertaking or transacting deposit-taking Sacco business (FOSA) with any person, institution or entity unless the person, institution or entity is licensed by the Authority as a deposit-taking Sacco Society, and to report any such person, institution or entity to the Authority or the nearest police station for appropriate action,' the statement reads.
The SACCOs mentioned are Good Life Sacco Society Ltd/Fedha Micro-Finance Investment Ltd , New Milimani Sacco Society, Millionaire Sacco Kenya, Prevailing Sacco Society and Urithi Premier Sacco/Urithi Housing Cooperative Society Ltd
SASRA is charged with giving licenses to Sacco Societies to undertake deposit-taking business ,to supervise and regulate such Saccos in Kenya.
Here is the statement.A Warning On Deposit-Taking SACCO Societies’ Businesses issued by SASRA
- Covid who?27 September 2020 - 6:55 pm
- road carnage27 September 2020 - 6:36 pm
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am