Residents in Bombolulu, Mombasa County were left in shock after they woke up to find a five story building missing two floors.
Officials say the building sank during the night leaving only three floors standing.
KTN reports that the National Construction Authority is blaming the incident on poor planning and execution.
— ktn (@KTNKenya) May 18, 2015
The incident is said tohave happened in a matter of minutes. Residents say the building had shown no signs of collapsing.
While no one was injured, the residents are now worried about the safety of the mushroom buildings being built without the proper workmanship.
- Warned5 March 2021 - 8:49 am
- My time5 March 2021 - 7:55 am
- Awarded5 March 2021 - 8:12 am
- Trounced5 March 2021 - 7:01 am
- On the Spot4 March 2021 - 8:29 pm
- gear up4 March 2021 - 8:04 pm
- Benchmarking4 March 2021 - 7:35 pm
- Take Note4 March 2021 - 8:16 pm
- fact check4 March 2021 - 7:30 pm
- well wishers4 March 2021 - 6:31 pm
- Taste of Freedom4 March 2021 - 6:25 pm
- irony4 March 2021 - 7:15 pm