President Uhuru Kenyatta on Friday, March 6, made an impromptu visit to Chaka open-air market in Nyeri County.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, Kieni MP Kanini Kega engages with the residents and tells them that he asked the president to visit them.
"I have brought the president here so that you can tell him of all your problems," Kanini Kega is heard speaking to the residents as they cheer him on.President Uhuru Kenyatta engaging with market traders at Chaka, Nyeri on Friday, March 6
"The solution to all your problems is here, talk to him," Kega adds.
In the video, the head of state dishes goodies to the residents, who can be heard showering him with praises.
The president, who engaged the residents in Kikuyu dialect, affirmed that the Building Bridges Initiative would be one man, one vote, one shilling affair.
He is expected to go to Nanyuki where he will inspect the Nanyuki-Thika gauge railway.
On Tuesday, January 28, the president visited Bahati Constituency in Nakuru, came out strongly in support of the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).
During the visit, he requested Bahati MP Kimani Ngunjiri to focus on development rather than hurling results.
"Tell him to leave me alone and do the work he is supposed to do, which you gave him. I'm also doing the work that you gave me," the president stated.
"Our mandate is to do what we are supposed to do and I am very pleased by what the MCA (an MCA who addressed the crowd before Kenyatta) has said because he knows his work," the president asserted.
- Cushioned24 November 2020 - 8:24 pm
- On the Spot24 November 2020 - 8:11 pm
- masterplan24 November 2020 - 7:39 pm
- costly24 November 2020 - 7:27 pm
- tension24 November 2020 - 7:57 pm
- Caught on Tape24 November 2020 - 7:18 pm
- it is on!24 November 2020 - 6:57 pm
- Stuck24 November 2020 - 6:25 pm
- Dire24 November 2020 - 6:43 pm
- Cost Cutting24 November 2020 - 5:12 pm
- Surge24 November 2020 - 3:45 pm
- admission24 November 2020 - 3:49 pm