- The Standard
Beatrice Lelegwe, the wife to Samburu Senator Steve Lelegwe has exposed him for throwing her out of their matrimonial home.
Ms Lelegwe, a mother of three, stated that she and her children had been forced to leave in a small house in Kangemi, Nairobi County.
Speaking to Standard Group reporters, she stated that the senator had abandoned her and their children and claimed that he did not provide for their needs.Samburu Senator Steve Lelegwe
In addition, she accused him of cheating on her and wanting to marry a younger girl from Narok.
"He is always on his phone flirting with other women. He does not have any respect for me or the children.
"I know that he met the lady on a dating site and afterwards decided to chase me and the kids away," she told the publication.
Ms Lelegwe stated that the young girl was now living with the senator in their matrimonial home in Nairobi.
Further, she lamented that she was jobless and unable to pay school fees for her children.
"He is treating me and the kids like doormats. I have no job and I am struggling to raise the kids on my own. I am pleading for help from my friends to help raise legal fees for my lawyers," she stated.
The senator, on the other hand, denied that he had in any way neglected his children.
He, however, admitted to having left his wife and stated that he would marry his girlfriend in August 2020.
"Yes, I am going to marry again. I am done with my wife. We had disagreements and our marriage was not working. I will take care of my kids and in any case, the law allows a man to marry many wives," he stated.
The couple tied the knot in 2014 in a lavish wedding attended by senior government officials.Samburu Senator Steve Lelegwe at the CAS strategy plan launch on January 16, 2020
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm