Services at Kiganjo Police Training College have been suspended indefinitely after a positive case of Coronavirus was reported.
According to a report by Capital FM, the announcement was made by Inspector-General of Police Hilary Mutyambai on Thursday, April 9.
He further noted that no officers would continue with a course at the institution until further notice.
“There are no trainers and trainees right now in Kiganjo. The last course -which was continuing as of last week – was closed, and I can confirm that we don’t have any officers undergoing training at Kiganjo,” stated Mutyambai.Officers at a passout parade at Kiganjo Training College in Nyeri on March 3, 2017.Daily Nation
He further noted that the officers who had interacted with the patient were under a 14-day self-quarantine.
An earlier notice signed by National Police College Commandant Mathias Pombo noted that a number of officers were affected by the turn of events.
“All students of senior supervisory CMM A-course, CMM E-course, CMM traffic course and skill at arms course will have their courses closed tomorrow on Tuesday 7th April 2020.
"You are therefore requested to arrange for their means of transport to reach at the college tomorrow Tuesday 7th April 2020 latest by 0800 hours ready to pick them,” read the notice in part.
Police heads including regional police and county police were therefore asked to collect their students from the institution.
The institution is mandated with the training of the police staff to the highest possible standards of competence and integrity and to respect human rights and dignity.
The country has currently recorded 184 positive cases.Inspector General of Police Hillary Nzioka Mutyambai address press after boarding a new 5Y-DIG helicopter at Wilson airport on May 3, 2019.Daily Nation
- ejected20 September 2020 - 7:28 am
- Final Decision20 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- generosity19 September 2020 - 8:10 pm
- nabbed19 September 2020 - 7:57 pm
- alternative transport19 September 2020 - 7:20 pm
- not cool19 September 2020 - 6:16 pm
- our bad19 September 2020 - 5:55 pm
- high profile19 September 2020 - 5:23 pm
- on blast19 September 2020 - 4:55 pm
- Partners19 September 2020 - 4:34 pm
- Dangerous19 September 2020 - 4:00 pm
- latest report19 September 2020 - 3:10 pm