- Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
Detectives attached to the Directorate of Criminal Investigations recovered over 120 million worth of stolen goods on Monday, April 13.
The cargo comprised of stolen mobile phones stolen while being transported from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport to Eastleigh on Friday, April 10.
In a public statement published on Monday, April 13, the DCI revealed that the Ksh120 million cargo was recovered in Muimara Estate in Imara Daima.Stolen mobile phones recovered by the DCI on April 13, 2020.
According to the DCI, the stolen goods were in transit when the vehicle that was tasked with transporting the loot went off the designated route.
"The said cargo parked in 750 cartons was being ferried in an Isuzu FRR lorry Reg. No. KBZ 628X driven by 40-yr-old Daniel Kavuti" read the statement in part.
In a set of unclear circumstances, the lorry was abandoned and the driver disappeared.
"The lorry was diverted from the designated route only to be found abandoned along Masai Road while empty," provided the statement.
DCI officers tasked with finding the goods tracked them to the house in Imara Daima.
"629 cartons containing the phones were recovered. Efforts to recover the rest of the cartons are underway" confirmed the DCI.
The operation by the DCI narrowed down on four members of an organised criminal cartel operating within Nairobi.
The four men between the ages of 35 and 45 gave the location of the goods following interrogation by officers.
DCI detectives urged the lorry driver entangled in the operation to surrender himself to any police station.Stolen mobile phones recovered by the DCI on April 13, 2020.criminal stolen
- Avoidable21 May 2022 - 5:51 pm
- Replaced21 May 2022 - 4:30 pm
- Explainer21 May 2022 - 5:01 pm
- Well Paying21 May 2022 - 3:59 pm
- Making Choices21 May 2022 - 2:59 pm
- Demands21 May 2022 - 2:05 pm
- Renounce21 May 2022 - 12:44 pm
- Music Wars21 May 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Stashed21 May 2022 - 11:43 am
- Dedicated21 May 2022 - 11:23 am
- Feud21 May 2022 - 9:41 am
- Calm Her Down21 May 2022 - 9:05 am