- Simon KiraguKENYANS.CO.KE
10 health workers in Bomet were quarantined after coming into contact with a woman who died while receiving treatment, having exhibited Covid-19 symptoms.
The woman is said to be a 56-year-old teacher of a local school and died at Longisa County Referral Hospital on Friday night April 17.
The woman had arrived from Uganda recently and was advised to quarantine but flaunted the directive and went to Kericho before spending a night in Kisii.
She arrived in the hospital claiming to have a heart condition but had been coughing, sweating and her body temperature was at 45°C.File image of a Covid-19 testing kit.
In an interview with Nation, Public Health CEC Joseph Sitonik called for calm as the patient is yet to be confirmed positive.
"There is no cause for alarm over the issue as it is being treated as a suspected case due to the nature of the symptoms exhibited," he stated.
Sitonik added that a surveillance team had been deployed to the patient's rural home to trace contacts that she interacted with.
The woman is said to have been admitted at Longisa County Hospital ICU and had been suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure.
Her samples have been collected and taken to the Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in Kisumu County for testing.
The Public Health CEC said the body was placed in a bag and taken to the mortuary and noted that a comprehensive statement would be issued once results are out.
Police in the area have also stepped up their search for 24 people alleged to have sneaked into the county from Nairobi.
As of Saturday, April 18, the country had a total of 262 cases with 12 fatalities and 60 recoveries.A medical practitioner has her name written on the protective gear at a Coronavirus isolation and treatment facility in Mbagathi District Hospital on Friday, March 6, 2020.Simon KiraguKENYANS.CO.KE
- Don't try me!16 January 2021 - 5:50 pm
- tear into16 January 2021 - 4:55 pm
- be cautious16 January 2021 - 4:18 pm
- hide 'n seek16 January 2021 - 4:31 pm
- update16 January 2021 - 3:13 pm
- nairobbery16 January 2021 - 3:12 pm
- notice16 January 2021 - 2:26 pm
- Justice corridors16 January 2021 - 1:46 pm
- rogue riders16 January 2021 - 1:11 pm
- Afro Cinema!16 January 2021 - 12:17 pm
- details16 January 2021 - 12:29 pm
- crossing the line?16 January 2021 - 12:47 pm