Residents of Narok South Sub-county are struggling to come to terms with an incident where four minors overpowered three police officers who tried to arrest them.
According to a report filed at Oloolunga Police Station on Wednesday, May 20, the four assailants were identified as two 16-year-old girls, one 12-year-old girl and a 10-year-old boy.
The three constables, Timothy Namu, Isaac Mutashe and Eunice Wambui from Oloolunga Police Station were overpowered when the children descended upon them with knives and crude weapons.A file image of Kenya PoliceFile
They reportedly suffered injuries and had to flee and call for back up.
Namu was left nursing a stab on the back of his head and left elbow while Mutashe’s hand bore the brunt of the knife as he defended himself.
Constable Wambui was, however, not injured during the incident.
Her colleagues were rushed to Oloolunga Sub County Hospital, treated and discharged.
“The suspects later locked themselves inside the house and instead set their bedroom ablaze in an attempt to burn themselves.
“Luckily the door was forced open and the accused were apprehended and the fire put out by police with the assistance of members of the public,” reads the police report.
The children’s assorted beddings, clothing and house celling board caught fire.
It is still not clear why the police officers had initiated the arrest and what triggered the juveniles to fight backA police vehicle at a scene of a crime
- Clarification25 May 2020 - 2:36 pm
- next level25 May 2020 - 1:50 pm
- Extreme Measures25 May 2020 - 1:03 pm
- coming clean25 May 2020 - 12:40 pm
- winning25 May 2020 - 11:48 am
- Head On25 May 2020 - 11:08 am
- Vaccine25 May 2020 - 10:59 am
- Saddening25 May 2020 - 10:07 am
- helping hand25 May 2020 - 9:55 am
- Poisoned25 May 2020 - 8:50 am
- heated25 May 2020 - 8:20 am
- baby fever25 May 2020 - 7:19 am