Sports CS Amina Mohamed was on Friday, July 3, admitted to the Bar after a seven-year wait.
The ceremony was presided over by Chief Justice David Maraga at the Supreme Court, where 96 advocates were admitted to the Bar.
Taking to social media, the Cabinet Secretary stated that her admission was a long time coming having been gazetted in 2013.
"I am most grateful to God for this opportunity even though it comes 7 years after gazettement in 2013. Thank you to the team for freeing up time for me to finally sign the roll," she posted.CS Amina Mohammed (right) with CJ David Maraga at the Supreme Court on July 3, 2020.Sports CS Amina Mohamed taking an oath as she is admitted to the Bar on July 3, 2020.
"Congratulations CS Amina on your admission to the Bar. Finally, after 7 years since you were gazetted for admission, we finally freed up a morning for you. Thank you for delaying your personal accomplishments for the good of the country. We are all supremely proud of you!" Rose Wachuka posted.
Media personality Julie Gichuru also congratulated the CS for her accomplishment noting that the gift of learning was priceless.
Senior Counsel and former President of the Law Society of Kenya Tom Ojienda also shared his warm wishes.Sports CS Amina Mohamed was admitted to the bar on July 3, 2020.Sports CS Amina Mohamed was admitted to the bar on July 3, 2020.
Also admitted to the Bar, was Mathenge Mukundi a practicing Rastafarian who did his pupillage with Kenya Law which is the brand name of Kenya's National Council for Law Reporting.Mathenge Mukundi, a practicing Rastafarian was admitted to the Bar as an Advocate on July 2, 2020.
- what happened27 October 2020 - 8:23 pm
- Listen Up27 October 2020 - 7:59 pm
- wishful thinking27 October 2020 - 8:15 pm
- beware27 October 2020 - 8:05 pm
- RIP27 October 2020 - 6:43 pm
- Genius Student27 October 2020 - 6:39 pm
- speculation27 October 2020 - 5:41 pm
- warning27 October 2020 - 5:21 pm
- On Notice27 October 2020 - 5:03 pm
- update27 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- Tragic27 October 2020 - 4:38 pm
- Nabbed27 October 2020 - 4:22 pm