Five people perished in a grisly road accident involving two 14-seater PSV Matatus and a lorry on Friday morning, July 10.
Citizen TV was first to report that police confirmed the accident which occurred at Kingaatuani downhill in Masii, Machakos County.
Photos of the accident indicated that the matatus rammed into the lorry from behind.
Scores of passengers were also reportedly injured in the tragedy along Machakos-Kitui road.The aftermath of a road accident involving two PSV matatus and a lorry in Machakos County on Friday, July 10, 2020File
The injured were rushed to nearby hospitals as the rescue mission took place at the scene of the accident.
According to NTSA, as of April 13, the number of passengers who have lost their lives on the road has gone down compared to the same period in 2019.
In the latest crash survey by the authority, 156 passengers had died by April 13 compared to 205 who succumbed by the same period in 2019.
On the other hand, more pedestrians (367) have lost their lives since the year began compared to 348 who died in 2019.
In addition to pedestrians, other vulnerable road users –, motorcyclists, and cyclists were prone to being casualties of road accidents.The aftermath of a grisly road accident involving a lorry and two 14-seater matatus at the Kingaatuani downhill in Masii, Machakos County on Friday, July 10, 2020
- Covid-19 effects3 August 2020 - 7:57 pm
- R.I.P3 August 2020 - 7:34 pm
- Insider3 August 2020 - 7:03 pm
- Chaos3 August 2020 - 5:27 pm
- Amazing3 August 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Shattering Ceilings3 August 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Condition3 August 2020 - 2:51 pm
- Alert3 August 2020 - 2:38 pm
- Tough Times3 August 2020 - 3:16 pm
- Long Wait3 August 2020 - 2:56 pm
- beware3 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- Senate Impasse3 August 2020 - 12:40 pm