Luo musician popularly known as Lady Maureen died on the morning of Saturday, July 11, after a long illness.
The family announced that Lady Maureen passed on at Uriri in Migori County.
Former Prime Minister Raila Odinga mourned the death of the musician and consoled the family.
"My condolences go out to the family, friends and fans of Lady Maureen. Achieng' was immensely talented and very dynamic; always adapting to new trends in a very competitive music industry. May she rest in eternal peace," he posted.Siaya Senator James Orengo poses for a photo with Lady Maureen when he paid her a visit at St. Francis Hospital, Kasarani on July 18, 2018.
The deceased was known for her prowess in ohangla music, some of her songs being County Waneno and Gor Kogalo.
Social media had been awash with claims of her death on June 23, but the family dispelled the rumours.
"She is not dead, she is alive. We have also heard the rumors and are wondering where all this information is coming from," the mother stated at the time.
Her demise comes on the backdrop of another Luo musician's death on June 11.
Bernard Onyango Obonyo, popularly known as Abenny Jachiga said to have succumbed after a short illness at St Jairus Private Hospital.
His brother, Austin Omondi, told the media that the musician had been ailing since Friday, June 5, and was taken to a local hospital before he was transferred to St. Elizabeth Hospital.
He was buried in secrecy at night by police officers on June 13, after mourners caused chaos at his burial.Luo musician popularly known as Lady MaureenFile
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm