A gang of four men on Wednesday evening, July 15, caused a commotion in the area around Wanyee road, Dagoretti after they shot in the air and robbed a supermarket.
The incident is said to have taken place at around 7:30 pm in a supermarket around the area.
In CCTV footage sent to Kenyans.co.ke, the men are seen shooting in the air in an attempt to scare the shoppers who ran out in haste as others lay flat on the ground.A file image of a bullet retrieved from the scene of a crimeKenyans.co.ke
The gang, who are all covered in hoodies, approached the counter and made away with money of unknown value.
Isaac Njuguna, who works around the area, indicated that the gang had been hovering around the area for about 30 minutes before they eventually made their move.
"The mama mboga's who were around told us that they arrived in the area with motorbikes and had been around the area from 7 pm looking at places that would be their target," Njuguna told this writer.
Additionally, Njuguna stated that the street lights along the road had not been working for quite sometime, hence, it was easier for the gang to orchestrate their plan without suspicion.
There has been a spike in the number of robberies caught on CCTV cameras in the last couple of months.
On June 29, four suspects connected to a robbery incident captured on camera along Lenana Road on June 25, were arrested by DCI detectives and arraigned at Milimani Law Courts.
They were charged with robbery with violence days after CCTV footage captured them stealing from a man in Kilimani estate.
Watch the video below;steal violence arrest thug suspect
- new Appointment27 September 2022 - 6:09 pm
- Not Picked27 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Changing Faces27 September 2022 - 7:38 pm
- Unfulfilled27 September 2022 - 6:51 pm
- Lucky ones27 September 2022 - 6:36 pm
- Awarded27 September 2022 - 5:21 pm
- On the spot27 September 2022 - 4:38 pm
- Powerful27 September 2022 - 4:30 pm
- role27 September 2022 - 4:34 pm
- Trend27 September 2022 - 7:23 pm
- Revealed27 September 2022 - 5:00 pm
- Working state27 September 2022 - 4:21 pm