The Anti-Terror Police Unit (ATPU) detectives on Monday, August 3, apprehended a 34-year old woman believed to be a terror suspect.
The unit under the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI) stated that Tracy Wairimu Ndegwa sent two threatening letters to a High Commission in Nairobi on July, 31.
"One letter was sprayed with an industrial chemical and the other with hay fever pesticides," the DCI stated in a statement.
Wairimu is being held in custody pending arraignment at the Kibera Law Courts once all necessary procedures are completed.A letter believed to be laced with chemicals by a terror suspect arrested by DCI on Monday, August 3, 2020File
This was the second time the suspect has been arrested in 2020.
On June 23, she was arraigned and charged with another terrorism hoax that targeted the Commissioner General of the Kenya Prisons Service.
Wairimu was released on bail after the June 23, incident, pending another hearing in court.
The arrest came a few weeks after ATPU officers arrested Mohamed Ahmed Bisher (59) and a foreign national Nasanga Ibrahim (68) in Eldoret. The duo was suspected to be part of a terrorist lair in Chepkatet, Kapseret, Eldoret County.
Explosive devices, detonators, detonating cords, safety fuses and boosters were found in their house.
Kenya lost 83 people in 2019 as a result of terror attacks, a 20% increase from 2018 when terror-related deaths stood at 56.
This is according to a report released by the Centre for Human Rights and Policy Studies (CHRIPS).Directorate of Criminal Investigations headquarters along Kiambu RoadSimon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
- bravo!23 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- turf wars23 September 2020 - 7:56 pm
- Baba Speaks23 September 2020 - 7:16 pm
- be warned23 September 2020 - 7:01 pm
- changes23 September 2020 - 6:44 pm
- road carnage23 September 2020 - 6:37 pm
- please23 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Pay Up23 September 2020 - 4:31 pm
- man of many firsts23 September 2020 - 4:57 pm
- disaster averted23 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Ruto's Reaction23 September 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Another one23 September 2020 - 3:28 pm