- Daily Nation
The government reversed funds allocated to run schools for second and third term, which was also set for payment of the Board of Management teachers and subordinate staff.
Kenya Secondary Schools Heads Association chairman Kahi Indimuli confirmed that the funds were reversed, adding that the Ministry of Education was yet to detail how the funds would be spent.
The government had earlier on stated that it would cushion BOM teachers as well as teachers registered under the Teachers Service Commission, with the fate of private teachers unknown.
On Friday, August 7, Treasury CS Ukur Yattani stated that he would consult Magoha on the funds, which Yattani had already given the green light to be released.Treasury Cabinet Secretary Ukur Yatani departs the National Treasury on June 11, 2020 for the 2020/21 budget statement presentationCapital Group
"The funds that are supposed to be released to schools will be used to pay BOM teachers and other workers, and I have already given instructions for the release of the money.
"I will confirm with Magoha if the budget has been drawn and submitted to the Treasury," Yattani stated in an interview with the Daily Nation.
BOM teachers have gone over four months without salaries but were set to enjoy government relief alongside TSC teachers as their private schools colleagues languish.
Private schools want CS Magoha to offer them a Ksh 7 billion relief to aid them to navigate through the crisis.
Intake of students into public schools will add worsen the crisis as Magoha will face congestion and need for more utilities at public schools.Education CS George Magoha addresses the media outside KNEC headquarters, Nairobi in November 2019File
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am
- Outed27 September 2020 - 11:09 am
- battle27 September 2020 - 9:59 am