- Daily Nation
A boda boda rider and his passenger escaped with minor injuries after they were involved in an accident in Thika Town.
The incident which occurred on August 7 along Haile Selassie Avenue in Thika, was captured by a CCTV camera when a vehicle was trying to exit the road using the opposite side.
Having alerted the other drivers, oncoming traffic stopped giving way to the driver. As he proceeded, the Boda Boda with one passenger sped through the side of the road.
Watch the video of the crash below:
The driver could not see the motorcycle in what was a blindspot and the rider crashed into the front of the vehicle.
The impact of the crash caused the rider and his pillion passenger to be sent flying into the air before falling into a nearby ditch.
The wheel of the motorbike was also dislodged during the crash.
The rider and his passenger sustained some injuries in the crash and were taken to hospital for treatment.
According to statistics by the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA), 262 motorcyclists have died on the road since the year 2020 began.
According to the latest survey results by the Authority dated April 23, the number is slightly higher compared to 2019 whereby 204 motorcyclists had lost their lives by the same date.
A total of 1,022 people have lost their lives since the year began compared to 1,058 who died in 2019 between January and April.
The international highway code for road users recommends for riders and their passengers to always wear a helmet no matter how short the journey is.
Riders are advised to observe and respect traffic rules and regulations, traffic signals and signs as well as donning reflective clothing for their own safety, especially in the dark.The highway code for motorcyclists.NTSA
- bravo!23 September 2020 - 7:59 pm
- turf wars23 September 2020 - 7:56 pm
- Baba Speaks23 September 2020 - 7:16 pm
- be warned23 September 2020 - 7:01 pm
- changes23 September 2020 - 6:44 pm
- road carnage23 September 2020 - 6:37 pm
- please23 September 2020 - 5:43 pm
- Pay Up23 September 2020 - 4:31 pm
- man of many firsts23 September 2020 - 4:57 pm
- disaster averted23 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Ruto's Reaction23 September 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Another one23 September 2020 - 3:28 pm