Baringo County CEC for education Clement Lomaringoria escaped death narrowly on Thursday, August 13, after his vehicle, a Toyota Prado, submerged in water.
Lomaringoria was heading home under a heavy downpour, when he attempted to swerve on the side of the road, only for his vehicle to be swept away by the floods.
Correspondents in the area stated that the CEC had to break a window and swim across the floaded road to save himself.Baringo County CEC for education Clement Lomaringoria's vehicle submerged in water
The water on the road is alleged to have been caused by rising water levels of Lake Baringo after a petrol tanker which overturned on the road blocked a diversion that had been constructed by the KenyaNational Highway Authority (KeNHA).
On Friday morning, local divers managed to remove the vehicle from the water.
Lomaringoria has since urged KeNHA to barricade the road to avoid other accidents.
On Monday, August 10, the Kenya Meteological Department detailed expected weather conditions for the Lake Victoria Basin, the Highlands West of the Rift Valley and the Central and South Rift Valley (Siaya, Kisumu, Homabay, Migori, Kisii, Nyamira, Trans Nzoia, Baringo, Uasin Gishu, Elgeyo-Marakwet, Nandi, Laikipia, Nakuru, Narok, Kericho, Bomet, Kakamega, Vihiga, Bungoma and Busia Counties.
The Department stated that mornings would generally be sunny with the exception of a few areas that would receive occasional rains.
"Afternoon showers and thunderstorms are likely to occur over a few places at the beginning of the forecast period and over several places thereafter," reads the statement.
The department added that evening showers would occur over a few places throughout the forecast period.Baringo County CEC for education Clement LomaringoriaFile
- Tough Times28 September 2020 - 9:58 am
- The Truth28 September 2020 - 8:55 am
- Mystery28 September 2020 - 7:53 am
- Be Warned28 September 2020 - 7:12 am
- friends turned foes27 September 2020 - 8:15 pm
- Ng'eno Again27 September 2020 - 7:50 pm
- Covid who?27 September 2020 - 6:55 pm
- road carnage27 September 2020 - 6:36 pm
- Stance27 September 2020 - 5:20 pm
- out and about27 September 2020 - 5:07 pm
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm