- Simon Kiragu
The Kenya National Highways Authority (KeNHA) on Friday, August 14, issued a notice to motorists plying Thika Road alerting them on the closure of a section of the road.
KeNHA announced that the section around Garden City Mall will be closed to allow engineers to erect a steel deck on the road.
Motorists will not have access to the section for five days from Friday, August 21 to Tuesday, August 25.
The closure will start at 9 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. for the five days.A section of the Thika Superhighway at AllsopsSimon Kiragu
Traffic heading to Nairobi was advised to use Exit 8 at Kasarani, through Baba Dogo Road and to join Thika Road through Outering Road.
Thika-bound traffic to use the diversion around the site or seek alternative routes behind the Mountain Mall.
"Motorists are requested to exercise caution around the work areas, to follow the traffic management plan and the directions given by the traffic marshals," KeNHA Director General Peter Mundinia advised.
Thika Superhighway is undergoing constant expansion and renovation, with footbridges also being set at various junctures of the road.
On August 8, a footbridge was installed at the Outering Road - Thika Superhighway overpass at GSU headquarters with another one installed earlier on at Thika Superhighway at Kenya School of Monetary Studies (KSMS).
A Chinese firm is also set to commence the construction of the Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system in August 2020. The system will cost Ksh 5.6 billion and will have lanes that run from Thika Superhighway through the Central Business District to Kenyatta National Hospital.
Over 100 buses will use the lanes to ease congestion from the road and Nairobi City.Vehicles on the busy Thika superhighway around Mountain Mall.Simon Kiragu
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm