- The Standard
Health workers in Nyandarua County have been dealt a huge blow after a medic died in a crash involving a county ambulance.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Nyandarua Health Chief Executive Committee Member John Njenga Mungai declined to reveal any further details and maintained that the county communications office would issue a statement in due time.
The driver crushed at Karunga along Gilgil - Ol Kalau road after the driver swerved abruptly to avoid hitting a pothole.
The driver and a medical officer who were in the ambulance died on the spot.Entrance to Nyandarua County Government offices.File
According to initial reports, the ambulance was on its way back to the county after taking a patient to Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) for specialised treatment.
Confirming the incident, Gilgil OCPD John Onditi revealed that the ambulance veered off the road and crashed.
"In the process, the ambulance lost control and crashed into the roadside killing the male driver and the medic," Onditi told The Standard.
"We shall be issuing a statement on the same during the course of the day," Njenga told this writer.
The bodies of the deceased were transferred to Gilgil Sub-County Hospital mortuary, while the Police towed the wreckage of the vehicle to Gilgil Police Station.
Gilgil has in the past been recording numerous accidents with the previous one involving a Malaba-bound bus that collided with a lorry claiming one life in January 2020.
In August 2019, Four people including two police officers died in Gilgil in two separate road accidents.
The incident happened after another accident, in September 2018, claimed 12 lives in the same town. Eleven of the victims died on the spot while one more died while undergoing treatment in the accident that involved a bus and a trailer.A section of Gilgil Town in Nakuru County.
- New Tricks26 November 2020 - 8:08 pm
- Take Notice26 November 2020 - 7:53 pm
- Beware26 November 2020 - 7:31 pm
- can't keep up26 November 2020 - 7:28 pm
- lights up internet26 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- development26 November 2020 - 6:31 pm
- Last Option26 November 2020 - 7:43 pm
- Last Laugh26 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
- shaking bridges26 November 2020 - 5:19 pm
- Poisoned26 November 2020 - 4:54 pm
- in progress26 November 2020 - 4:58 pm
- u-turn26 November 2020 - 4:32 pm