Education CS George Magoha has released the much-anticipated school funds and salaries of Board of Management teachers (BOM).
The Education Ministry had reversed the money from school banks citing fraudulent attempts by headteachers to swindle the government.
On Tuesday, August 25, Education CAS Zack Kinuthia raised concern on how school heads were submitting an exaggerated list of staff as well as adding tutors that had not been registered by the Teachers Service Commission (TSC).
Despite releasing the funds, PS Belio Kispang stated that the money would only be channelled to teachers after data issued by school heads is verified.Education CS George Magoha addresses the media outside KNEC headquarters, Nairobi in November 2019File
In a circular signed by PS Kipsang, BOM Teacher will be forced to forego three months pay as the Ministry outlined tough conditions for the broke teachers.
The board teachers will earn salaries for five months for the period between August and December and will miss out on May, June and July salaries. Each teacher will receive Ksh 10,000 per month.
BOM teachers who were working as at March 15 were the only ones earmarked for the pay.
"Payment should be made monthly, not in advance," Kipsang defended the stringent criteria.
The Ministry also released funds for free secondary education at a capitation rate of Ksh 5,151 per student.
Kipsang directed the funds to be used to maintain and improve school infrastructure, pay non-teaching staff and cover administration costs.
From the Ksh 5,151 per student, Ksh 500 will be for maintenance, Ksh 3,226 for personal emoluments and administrative costs per learner, Ksh 675 for National Health Insurance Eduafya program and Ksh 750 for BOM teachersFile image of students in a class
- Surge27 September 2020 - 3:59 pm
- Milestones27 September 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Expert Advice27 September 2020 - 2:43 pm
- Ranked27 September 2020 - 2:30 pm
- unveiled27 September 2020 - 2:16 pm
- Commendable27 September 2020 - 1:24 pm
- people power27 September 2020 - 11:34 am
- Costly Journey27 September 2020 - 11:37 am
- Outed27 September 2020 - 11:09 am
- battle27 September 2020 - 9:59 am
- Tragic27 September 2020 - 9:21 am
- Reckoning27 September 2020 - 8:33 am