KTN News Anchor Maalika Kazia on Wednesday, August 26, announced her decision to leave the station owned by the Standard Media Group.
Kazia who is famous for her show The Trading Bell revealed that her decision to leave the Mombasa Road based media house was tough.
"Goodness, it has been quite a journey! This was not an easy decision for me to make and I will always be grateful to KTN News and Standard Group for the opportunity. Thank you.KTN News Anchor Maalika Kazia.
"I have learnt alot, met amazing people and grown in ways I never expected. To a different chapter now," she revealed in a Twitter post.
She failed to disclose her new destination but hinted that she could venture into YouTube after asking her fans to subscribe to her channel.
The anchor also spared time to thank her fans who took time to watch her and supported her work especially those who offered feedback.
Kazia was part of the new team of four young News Anchors that joined KTN back in 2018 alongside Frida Mwaka, Jesse Rogers and Brenda Czeda Radido.
She recently started anchoring news as she made several appearances in the 1 p.m. bulletin and Bottom Line Africa that features on KTN News.
Prior to joining Standard Group, Maalika worked for Sound Asia FM as well as X FM before she made the big switch to TV.
The TV star also doubles up as a blogger and has her own personal website where she writes on a wide array of topics, mostly on lifestyle.
Maalika studied at the Aga Khan Academy in Nairobi between 2006-2013 before joining the United States International University and pursued a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism.A journalist seated at a KTN News studio along Mombasa Road.
- upgrade21 October 2020 - 7:30 pm
- no-show21 October 2020 - 7:02 pm
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm