Three suspects linked to the 2013 Westgate terror attack on Friday, September 18, complained that they were dissatisfied with some of the facilities at the Kamiti Maximum Prison.
One of the suspects, Hussein Mustafa, told the court that beans and kales, which were provided at the prison, were affecting his health.
The second suspect, Liban Abdullahi, complained that the porridge provided did not have sugar.
“Kwa sasa nakunya uji na mkate na maziwa kidogo.niko na shida na maharagwe na sukuma wiki (Currently, I have been taking porridge, bread and some milk. I have a problem with the kales and beans)," Chief Magistrate Francis Andayi heard.Kamiti maximum prison
Another suspect, Mohammed Ahmed Abdi, told the court that the cells were too cold, adding that he needed an extra blanket.
On his part, State prosecutor Edwin Okello stated that sugar and warm water were resources that were available at the Kamiti Maximum Prison, indicating that officers should explain why they were not available.
In response to the complaints, the magistrate ordered Kamiti prison to file a report on the suspect's issues within 10 days.
The trio, Mustafa, Abdullahi and Ahmed, are accused of conspiracy to commit a terrorist act, being in the country illegally among other charges.
The court is expected to give their final verdict on the case on October 5, 2020.
The Westgate attack which took place on September 21, 2013, in the upscale Nairobi mall left 67 dead and several others wounded.
Their trial started in 2014 over the mall siege that was claimed by the Somali-based terror group, Al-Shabaab.Harish Daria Patel, a decorated hero who rescued survivors from Westgate Mall in 2013.Daily Nation
- upgrade21 October 2020 - 7:30 pm
- no-show21 October 2020 - 7:02 pm
- Get Out21 October 2020 - 5:49 pm
- taking chances21 October 2020 - 6:04 pm
- emergency21 October 2020 - 6:17 pm
- counterpunch21 October 2020 - 4:41 pm
- On the hunt21 October 2020 - 4:57 pm
- latest report21 October 2020 - 4:01 pm
- angered21 October 2020 - 4:16 pm
- indecisive21 October 2020 - 4:26 pm
- tough tines21 October 2020 - 3:29 pm
- My Cup of Tea21 October 2020 - 4:03 pm