- The Standard
A magistrate in Mombasa was forced to seek cover on Wednesday, September 30, after a suspect attempted to attack her during a court proceeding.
In a video seen by Kenyans.co.ke, the male suspect is seen arguing with Magistrate Edna Nyaloti shortly before she is seen running out of the court precincts.
The man, identified as Ismael Mustafa, is seen wrestling with guards inside the court room as the magistrate scampers for safety.
He had declared that he did not have faith in the magistrate and wanted the case transferred to a different court.Guards attempt to wrestle down suspect Ismael Mustafa at a court in Mombasa on Wednesday, September 30, 2020.File
“Your honour there is no need for you to proceed with the ruling. I have no faith in your court and want you to transfer the matter before another court. I want the high court to decide on this matter because I feel justice is not being done,” he stated.
After a while, the guards overpowered him and are seen escorting him back to the cells.
Mustafa is facing charges of sodomy against a minor in Jomvu, Bangladesh slum.
Nyaloti forgave the offender before allowing the case to carry on. She said that it was the second time the suspect had turned violent.
“Cuff him, this is the second time he is turning violent and attempting to attack me,” she stated.
It was claimed that Mustafa, on February 16, 2019, sodomised a three-and-a-half-year-old child.
He, however, denied the charges and was freed on a Ksh 200,000 bond.
Earlier, Mustafa had been charged with the offence and sentenced by High Court acquitted him.
- Reopening Challenges20 October 2020 - 8:21 pm
- Harsh measures20 October 2020 - 8:03 pm
- Elegant20 October 2020 - 7:32 pm
- Huduma Debate20 October 2020 - 7:09 pm
- The Chosen20 October 2020 - 6:59 pm
- Tragedy20 October 2020 - 5:57 pm
- latest20 October 2020 - 4:50 pm
- Explained20 October 2020 - 4:48 pm
- Commendable20 October 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Stunning20 October 2020 - 4:07 pm
- Confessions20 October 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Pay Day20 October 2020 - 2:14 pm