The Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) on Sunday, October 18, distanced itself from claims that the Party Leader Raila Odinga and renowned businessman Jimmy Wanjigi are planning to donate cars to youth.
A poster did rounds on social media on Saturday with a number of Kenyans struggling to debunk the youth empowerment programme.
ODM termed the poster as fake news and asked the public to ignore its contents.Orange Democratic Movement (ODM) moved to denounce the above poster on Sunday 18 October 2020.
"NOTE that the poster circulating on social media fora is FAKE... ignore it," read a short statement from ODM with regards to the poster.
The poster claimed that Raila and Wanjigi would donate cars to youth and individuals at Jacaranda Grounds in Donholm, Nairobi.
A date was however not included in the poster with a photo of the cars that were purported to be donated by the two included.
An ODM logo was also included in the poster alongside a photo of Raila and Wanjigi.
Raila has been a strong critic of youth empowerment programmes undertaken by Deputy President William Ruto.
"We know who the liberators of this country are. For Ruto to claim he will liberate the youth from poverty by giving them wheelbarrows without showing them the work they will do is quite misleading.
"About 75 per cent of Kenyans are youth under 35 years of age, and these are the people the hustler nation is targeting. It will be disastrous for them to join his bandwagon," noted Raila.
Raila on Sunday, October 11, reunited with prominent businessman Jimmy Wanjigi at a church fundraiser in Bondo, Siaya county.
The move has elicited speculations of Raila running for the Presidency in the 2022 General Elections despite him remaining coy on the matter.Deputy President William Ruto pictured in Dagoretti South on September 29, 2020.DPPS
- Take Note26 September 2022 - 3:00 pm
- Insecurity26 September 2022 - 2:49 pm
- Inspiring26 September 2022 - 2:32 pm
- chaos26 September 2022 - 12:13 pm
- New Responsibility26 September 2022 - 12:17 pm
- Remarkable26 September 2022 - 1:56 pm
- Reprieve26 September 2022 - 11:30 am
- The Truth26 September 2022 - 10:48 am
- Directive26 September 2022 - 10:21 am
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am