Worshippers at Gatituri Anglican Church in Embu County were stunned after they found the church's property stolen on Sunday, October 25.
Reports allege that armed gangsters raided the church on Saturday night and made away with property worth Ksh 150,000.
The robbers also escaped with other valuable equipment from the church compound and destroyed four windows while forcing their way into the church.A police vehicle at a scene of a crime
Police officers have since launched investigations into the matter and aim to find the culprits who are on the run.
Once apprehended, the suspects will be facing a jail term of up to fourteen years if found guilty by a court of law.
The law adds that they may be sentenced to death if found to have violently robbed the church through the use of a firearm or assault on any individual.
The incident came days after detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) gunned down a robbery with violence suspect on Friday, October 23 in Kimathi Estate - Nairobi County.
The alleged thug is said to have died after being tracked alongside two other suspects.
The trio had allegedly waylaid their victim and robbed him of a mobile phone and other personal effects.
"A Loaded Tokarev Pistol and a motorcycle have been recovered from a robbery with violence suspect at Kimathi Estate - Nairobi County," DCI stated.
The recovered items were kept as exhibits with police launching a manhunt for the other two who managed to escape.Directorate of Criminal Investigations headquarters along Kiambu RoadSimon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
- silver lining5 August 2021 - 7:51 pm
- Wow5 August 2021 - 7:56 pm
- Inferno5 August 2021 - 7:27 pm
- Shining Star5 August 2021 - 7:16 pm
- DEFENSE5 August 2021 - 7:07 pm
- Unfortunate5 August 2021 - 6:35 pm
- Wanted Person5 August 2021 - 6:20 pm
- Unmasked5 August 2021 - 6:20 pm
- Full List5 August 2021 - 5:34 pm
- Changing Tune5 August 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Take Note5 August 2021 - 4:21 pm
- details5 August 2021 - 4:27 pm