Fake doctor Mugo wa Wairimu has been sentenced to 11 years in prison, or to pay a fine of Ksh1.4 million.
Nairobi Senior Resident Magistrate Martha Nanzushi delivered the ruling on Wednesday, October 28, against Wairimu.
The convict was found guilty of running a medical clinic without a license.
He was also accused of unlawfully running an unregistered pharmacy and managing a medical laboratory without a license from the Kenya Medical Laboratory Practitioners among others.Convicted quack doctor Mugo wa Wairimu while in court.The Standard
He was also convicted of practising as an unregistered and unlicensed medic.
Wairimu was arrested on September 10, 2015, at a Limuru hotel while on the run after he was exposed on national Television allegedly raping a female patient at his Prestige Clinic in Githurai.
When the police raided his clinic in 2015, equipment believed to be used for illegal abortions was recovered.
It was, however, established that the quack doctor was a nursing student at the University of Nairobi (UoN).
Mugo is confirmed to have graduated from the UoN on November 27, 2000 with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
He was admitted to the School of Nursing at the university in 1996, Citizen TV reports.
The Nursing Council of Kenya, however, confirmed that Mugo, who was accused of sedating and raping patients at his clinic in Githurai, did not follow the Council's procedure outlined for one to be registered as a qualified nurse.Convicted quack doctor Mugo wa Wairimu while in court.
- Life Hack17 May 2021 - 12:51 pm
- Take note17 May 2021 - 11:36 am
- Opportunity17 May 2021 - 11:39 am
- Groundbreaking17 May 2021 - 10:41 am
- Notch Higher17 May 2021 - 9:43 am
- tragedy17 May 2021 - 8:47 am
- Concern17 May 2021 - 8:15 am
- relocation17 May 2021 - 7:18 am
- Remarkable17 May 2021 - 7:43 am
- Unfortunate16 May 2021 - 7:10 pm
- Rewarded16 May 2021 - 6:17 pm
- Chaos16 May 2021 - 5:34 pm