Capital FM presenter Amina Abdi Rabar exited the station a week ago, Kenyans.co.ke has confirmed.
Insiders at the radio station disclosed that the media personality had tendered her resignation a month ago before she finally left last week.
Her co-host, Fareed Khimani, announced during his Capital in the Morning show that Amina had left the station.Radio presenters Amina Abdi and Fareed Khimani pose for a photo
“Amina Abdi will not be returning and I will be joined soon by a new co-host. She has gone to do big and better things,” Khimani announced.
Kenyans.co.ke has learned that Amina left for a couple of reasons, the major one being the extension of salary cuts for another three months. The renowned personality also reportedly wanted more time to take care of her son.
"The program controller tried to reshuffle the presenters by moving Amina to the evening show, but it only brought more issues," a source stated.
The multi-talented presenter is yet to announce her departure or the new opportunities she will be pursuing.
Reports from the station also indicated that Neville and Mandi, the Hits not home presenters, have also tendered their notice of resignation.
Recently, Capital FM has had some of their best presenters leaving the station, either after resigning or getting fired.
Just last month, Miano Muchiri, a presenter at the station quit after a decade in the station.
“The time has come to say goodbye to radio. I would love it if you tuned in tomorrow one last time from 10:00-14:00,” Muchiri told his fans before exiting.
Other presenters who have also left the station since 2018 include; Laura Walubengo, Maqbul Mohammed, Cess Mutungi and Sharon Mundia.File image of Anita Nderu
- Fall Out28 January 2022 - 8:04 pm
- exposed28 January 2022 - 8:10 pm
- respect28 January 2022 - 7:51 pm
- Cancelled28 January 2022 - 7:25 pm
- tough call28 January 2022 - 7:05 pm
- Punitive28 January 2022 - 6:19 pm
- big moves28 January 2022 - 7:03 pm
- Security Matters28 January 2022 - 5:47 pm
- new twist28 January 2022 - 5:20 pm
- Ruto's Call28 January 2022 - 4:45 pm
- turned down28 January 2022 - 4:26 pm
- Debts28 January 2022 - 3:49 pm