Nakuru London MCA Sammy Mbugua has died.
Mbugua succumbed to suspected Covid-19 complications on Wednesday evening, November 18, just weeks after his Hells Gate counterpart John Njuguna died of the virus.
Nakuru Governor Lee Kinyanjui has since mourned the lawmaker as an honest and hardworking leader who displayed a great zeal in resolving his constituents' problems.A medical practitioner dressed in protective gear at the Coronavirus isolation and treatment facility in Mbagathi District Hospital on Friday, March 6, 2020.Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
"Sammy had a unique responsibility of representing a highly multi-ethnic ward, which gave him a broader and more balanced political approach," he stated.
He added that Mbugua was an easy-going, likeable leader who had no time for petty disagreements.
"At this difficult moment of sorrow, our hearts and prayers go to his family, friends and constituents," he wrote on his Facebook page.
His death came just weeks after Njuguna passed on at the Nakuru Nursing Home Hospital.
He was reportedly on life-support before his death.
On November 2, 2020, the Nakuru County Assembly was shut down following a surge in the number of COVID-19 infections in the county.
The county speaker, Joel Kairu, urged ward representatives to undergo COVID 19 tests before resumption of physical meetings.
The country has recorded 72,686 Covid-19 cases. Of this, 1,113 have succumbed to the virus while 49,878 have recovered.
The Ministry of Health has continuously asked Kenyans to wash hands regularly, wear a mask and practice social distance.
"This has been the darkest month since the pandemic struck in March," Health CS Mutahi Kagwe stated in a briefing on Monday, November 16.Health CS Mutahi Kagwe speaking during the Jeff Koinange Live show in November 18, 2020.YouTube
- Deal27 February 2021 - 11:40 am
- Brace Yourselves27 February 2021 - 11:25 am
- Happy birthday27 February 2021 - 10:49 am
- corncerns27 February 2021 - 10:15 am
- Third Eye27 February 2021 - 8:59 am
- mystery27 February 2021 - 8:36 am
- At Last27 February 2021 - 7:27 am
- pressing26 February 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Change of Command26 February 2021 - 7:57 pm
- Boosted26 February 2021 - 7:31 pm
- unfortunate26 February 2021 - 7:48 pm
- justice26 February 2021 - 6:23 pm