The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) on Tuesday, December 1 announced 6,674 vacancies for tutor interns in primary and secondary schools.
TSC called for applications from qualified candidates to fill the 1,998 primary school vacancies and 4,676 positions available for secondary school teachers.
Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, TSC Head of Corporate Communications Betty Wababu revealed that teachers who failed to secure a job in the last requirement drive can still apply.File image of a teacher and students in a classFile
"They are free to apply in the latest vacancies, there is nothing wrong with that but they have to make sure that they have not been previously permanently employed by TSC," she explained.
The move is part of the National Government post-Covid-19 Economic Stimulus Programme announced by President Uhuru Kenyatta back in May.
The internship duration is set to last for 12 months after which teachers will be awarded a certificate upon successful completion.
TSC clarified that the internship position is not a remunerative engagement however, primary school teachers will be eligible for a monthly stipend of Ksh 15,000 with secondary school teachers getting Ksh 20,000.
How to apply for TSC interns vacancies
1. Visit the Teachers Service commissions (TSC) online portal.
2. Once you sign into the portal, head over to the 'Careers' tab, click on it then proceed to 'requirement of new teachers'.
4. Once on the page, you will be presented with two options ‘view/ apply’, you can view the details of the job then apply for the post.
5. You can then enter your surname, ID and TSC numbers to proceed.
6. Fill in the details that follow, they include basic, professional, and other details to complete the application
Some of the requirements of the internship vacancies include:
1. Be a Kenyan citizen
2. Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission
3. Be a holder of a P1 Certificate for Primary school teachers and a minimum of a Diploma in Education Certificate for Secondary school teachers.
4. Have original academic and professional certificates.
5. Should not have been in previous employment with the TSC as a teacher on permanent terms.
6. Be ready to be posted to any public educational institution in Kenya.
7. Must have personal accident insurance to cover for personal risks during the internship period.
Successful applicants will be required to produce:
1. A copy of the National Identity Card (ID) or Passport.
2. A copy of Teacher Registration Certificate/print-out from Teachers Serice Commission online portal evidencing registration as a teacher.
3. A copy of the National Council for Persons with Disability (NCPWD) card (where applicable).
4. A valid certificate of good conduct.
5. Two (2) coloured passport size photographs.
6. A copy of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) card.
7. A copy of the Kenya Revenue Authority Personal Identification Number (KRA PIN).A Kenyan teacher with pupils in class
- Eye for Art20 January 2021 - 1:36 pm
- remedy20 January 2021 - 1:14 pm
- Strict Supervision20 January 2021 - 12:31 pm
- Details20 January 2021 - 12:14 pm
- Take Note20 January 2021 - 11:24 am
- Ultimatum20 January 2021 - 11:05 am
- dream turn nightmare20 January 2021 - 10:32 am
- Developments20 January 2021 - 11:41 am
- Impunity20 January 2021 - 9:57 am
- revealed20 January 2021 - 9:19 am
- Revealed20 January 2021 - 8:27 am
- Dilemma20 January 2021 - 8:03 am