- Kenya Railways
The Kenya Railways Corporation on Sunday, December 6 announced changes in the Nairobi Commuter Train Service schedule.
The change announced is set to affect passengers plying the Nairobi-Athi River route with new timings issued.
The timings will see the train leave Athi River at 6:20 a.m and is expected to arrive at the Nairobi Railways Station at 7:40 a.m.President Uhuru Kenyatta at the Nairobi Central Railway Station on November 10, 2020.PSCU
Residents of Mlolongo planning to use the train will have to make early preparations as the train leaves the station at 6:41 a.m and is also scheduled to depart the Embakasi station at 6:59 a.m.
The train is set to depart Imara Daima station at 7:14 a.m as residents of Makadara will see the train leave the station at 7:28 a.m.
Those returning to Athi River from Nairobi will see the train depart the station at 17:50 and will leave the Madaraka station at 18:07.
The train will then leave the Imara Daima station at 18:21 and depart from the Embakasi station at 18:36 on its journey to Athi River.
Kenya Railways announced that the train will leave the Mlolongo station at 18:54 and arrive Athi River at around 19:13.
The changes were effected after a number of complaints about the train leaving the station late after delays with most of them getting to Nairobi late.
The Athi River route is the newest on the Nairobi Commuter Train schedule after launching its services on Monday, November 23.
Previously the train departed the Athi River Station at 6:00 a.m and was scheduled to arrive in Nairobi at 7:23 a.m.
The new schedule also sees the inclusion of Embakasi on the route.A look at the revamped commuter rail stations
- Tragedy28 November 2021 - 3:12 pm
- LANDMARK28 November 2021 - 2:41 pm
- exquisite28 November 2021 - 1:50 pm
- SHAKEN28 November 2021 - 12:46 pm
- expert opinion28 November 2021 - 1:13 pm
- Take Note28 November 2021 - 11:32 am
- LOGGERHEADS28 November 2021 - 11:26 am
- on the spot28 November 2021 - 10:36 am
- TEACHING28 November 2021 - 10:16 am
- HELPED28 November 2021 - 9:58 am
- Murky Waters28 November 2021 - 9:40 am
- Gloves off28 November 2021 - 9:10 am