The Teachers Service Commission (TSC), on Monday, December 7, announced a Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) training of 118,000 teachers countrywide.
TSC CEO Nancy Macharia revealed that head teachers from regular schools and Special Needs Education (SNE) teachers will undertake the training in December.
The training also accommodates at least two teachers from Grade 4 (regular and SNE) and two teachers from Grade 1-2 for CBC mathematics.A signpost showing Teachers Service Commission mandated with hiring teachers in Kenya.
“The commission intends to prepare teachers for eventual re-opening of schools through training, capacity building, sensitization and induction programmes,” said Macharia.
The training will be done both virtually and face to face. According to TSC's schedule, the training will be completed on December 22 with the virtual training running from December 9 to December 16.
This will focus on Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) and champions on CBC mathematics content for Grade 1-3.
Face to face training follows from December 17 to December 22 targeting teachers at the zonal level.
Training of Special Needs Education CSO’s and CBC champions will also be done online.
TSC recently announced 6,674 vacancies for tutor interns in primary and secondary schools.
The commission called for applications from qualified candidates to fill the 1,998 primary school vacancies and 4,676 positions available for secondary school teachers.File image of a teacher and students in a classFile
- Listen Up24 January 2021 - 7:17 pm
- gridlock24 January 2021 - 6:10 pm
- Surge24 January 2021 - 4:35 pm
- expensive24 January 2021 - 5:02 pm
- Unfortunate24 January 2021 - 4:29 pm
- investing24 January 2021 - 5:28 pm
- Worrying24 January 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Not This Time24 January 2021 - 2:25 pm
- well-paying24 January 2021 - 2:41 pm
- Chaos24 January 2021 - 2:19 pm
- On the Spot24 January 2021 - 12:35 pm
- New Direction24 January 2021 - 1:02 pm