The Teachers Service Commission (TSC), on Monday, December 7, announced a Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) training of 118,000 teachers countrywide.
TSC CEO Nancy Macharia revealed that head teachers from regular schools and Special Needs Education (SNE) teachers will undertake the training in December.
The training also accommodates at least two teachers from Grade 4 (regular and SNE) and two teachers from Grade 1-2 for CBC mathematics.A signpost showing the Teachers Service Commission office. TSC is mandated with hiring teachers in Kenya
“The commission intends to prepare teachers for eventual re-opening of schools through training, capacity building, sensitization and induction programmes,” said Macharia.
The training will be done both virtually and face to face. According to TSC's schedule, the training will be completed on December 22 with the virtual training running from December 9 to December 16.
This will focus on Curriculum Support Officers (CSOs) and champions on CBC mathematics content for Grade 1-3.
Face to face training follows from December 17 to December 22 targeting teachers at the zonal level.
Training of Special Needs Education CSO’s and CBC champions will also be done online.
TSC recently announced 6,674 vacancies for tutor interns in primary and secondary schools.
The commission called for applications from qualified candidates to fill the 1,998 primary school vacancies and 4,676 positions available for secondary school teachers.File image of a teacher and students in a classFile
- Playing Field13 June 2021 - 8:29 pm
- Taking Notes13 June 2021 - 7:43 pm
- Get Them Out13 June 2021 - 6:16 pm
- Reprieve13 June 2021 - 5:53 pm
- Ballot ready13 June 2021 - 6:00 pm
- Sudden13 June 2021 - 4:27 pm
- Now you know13 June 2021 - 4:42 pm
- Mercy13 June 2021 - 5:10 pm
- Revealed13 June 2021 - 4:49 pm
- Not Acceptable13 June 2021 - 1:43 pm
- Kisumu Beauty13 June 2021 - 1:28 pm
- Ultimatum13 June 2021 - 12:40 pm