A family in Othaya held celebrations when their kin who had been missing for 13 years returned home.
Waweru Methu left their home in 2007 after an alleged falling out with his relatives and went to search for a better life in Narok County.
His brother Kairuki Mathu stated that they had been searching for the man for more than a decade.
"He used to work in Narok and there was a disagreement with his wife that made me shift there. We have been looking for him ever since," Methu stated.Residents carry Waweru Methu in joy after reuniting with his family after 13 years
He, however, did not find success in the town and went on to pursue the green pastures that led him to the border of Kenya and Tanzania at Loita.
There he found a job and called it his home as his family agonised over his whereabouts.
The man's daughter Esther Wairimu expressed her sadness when her father left.
“Kutoka ile siku alitoka hapa nilikuwa na machozi mingi sana (From the day he left, I had cried a lot)" she recalled.
Years after Methu settled in the town, another village mate went to seek employment in Loita as well.
They became friends and it is when they got to know each other that they realised they were from the same village.
The estranged man confessed how he was ashamed of not achieving what he set out to do as well as feared rejection.
"It didn't feel right to go back home without having succeeded and I had not left in the best of terms with my wife," he narrated.
He was, however, received with jubilation by his kin and residents who were eagerly awaiting his arrival.
While Methu was away, his father and wife had unfortunately passed on, something he said he regretted not being around for.Waweru Methu's Eather Wairimu speaking after reuniting with her father after 13 years
- tragedy20 September 2021 - 10:28 pm
- CONTINENTAL GIANT20 September 2021 - 7:10 pm
- FACE OFF20 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- Revealed20 September 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Voice of the Mountain20 September 2021 - 5:30 pm
- DIRECTIVE20 September 2021 - 4:11 pm
- RESCUED20 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- Next phase20 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Change of tact20 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Interruptions20 September 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Congrats20 September 2021 - 1:05 pm
- SHOCKING20 September 2021 - 12:45 pm