- K24 Digital
The National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) on Tuesday, January 12, warned motorists over a smart driving license scam.
The authority notified drivers that a Facebook page purporting to issue smart driving licenses has been deceiving and extorting Kenyans.
NTSA asked Kenyans who have been victims of the online scam to report the matter to the nearest police station to gather more information about the fraud.A fake Facebook page purporting to issue smart driving licenses.
"The Public is advised to be aware of a Facebook page Ecitizen DL purporting to issue Smart Driving Licenses.
"We request members of the Public who have been conned through the page or listed mobile number: 0713232880 to report to the nearest Police Station," read a statement from NTSA.
The Facebook page shows little signs of being a fake account as it issues official communication from NTSA to the extent of providing links from the authority.
The page asks drivers a fee ranging from Ksh 3,000 to register for the new smart driving licenses with the promise of delivering the document within a week.
This is the second time that NTSA is issuing a warning on a Facebook page under a similar name. In April 2020, the authority revealed that scammers were using a fake Facebook page by the name Ecitizen Kenya.
Motorists had been urged to replace defective or old driving licenses by calling an office number which is registered under one Rodgers Demba.
To apply for legitimate smart driving licenses, the public can make their application at Huduma Centres across the country on the announced dates by NTSA.
Alternatively, Kenyans can log on to the NTSA official portal with ID serial number, mother’s Maiden Name and KRA PIN being the required details during registration.Citizens at NTSA officesscam
- tragedy20 September 2021 - 10:28 pm
- CONTINENTAL GIANT20 September 2021 - 7:10 pm
- FACE OFF20 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- Revealed20 September 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Voice of the Mountain20 September 2021 - 5:30 pm
- DIRECTIVE20 September 2021 - 4:11 pm
- RESCUED20 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- Next phase20 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Change of tact20 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Interruptions20 September 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Congrats20 September 2021 - 1:05 pm
- SHOCKING20 September 2021 - 12:45 pm