This is a step by step guide on how to find out if your HELB loan application has been successfully approved and disbursed by visiting HELB website.
On January 13, the Higher Education Loans Board received hundreds of queries from students who were locked out of its App when trying to obtain a verification code to enable them to check their loan status
"Has your HELB App blocked you after several attempts of trying to get the verification code? Worry not, wait for at least 30 minutes for the App to unblock before attempting once more," the loans board tweeted in response.
HELB also pointed out that the deadline for submission of HELB remittances is on the 15th of every month and directed new employers to register on the HELB Employer portal.File image of HELB contact centre
The loans board also offers Jielimishe Loan to employed students pursuing Professional Courses, Higher National Diploma, Bachelors, Postgraduate-Diploma, Masters, or PhD degrees in Kenya.
Here’s How To Register For A HELB Account
- Visit Higher Education Loans Board portal website www.helb.co.ke.
- Click on Products
- Scroll down to the HELB loans section
- Select any of these. They will lead you to the student portal
- “undergraduate loan” if you are a direct entry student
- Jielimishe loan if you are a student with a salary
- TVET loan for those in Technical and Vocational education
- Scroll down to the bottom and click ‘Apply Now’
- Hover over to the drop-down icon next to ‘user registration’ Pick applicant registration as a student and employer registration if you are an employer.
Here you will get a new account creation page. From here all you need to do is provide your National ID details.
Next, provide other details like email address and then validate and confirm your sign upHELB portal registration interface.File
- Go to your email and locate the HELB account email.
- Click on the link provided and begin the activation process
- Once you get the code, enter it and hit Proceed
- This will create a HELB portal account to help you apply for other products.
Both Government-sponsored and self-sponsored (SSP) students can access government funding in the facilitation of their placement programs. This is regardless of the institution they are in.
Here's How to Check Your HELB Loan Status
Want to check your loan status, HELB statement or compliance certificate? You can do so by using the HELB mobile App or the HELB portal.
- Go to your browser and visit HELB website www.helb.co.ke
- On the page menu items click on the student portal (You must be registered)
- Login using your details
- Click on “loan status”
- Click on “Disbursement” a form indicating your loan disbursement status will appear
- You can check the amount awarded and date disbursed
- You can also check with the bank that you used the first time when you registered for HELB. Students with HELB smart cards can also use it to check their loan disbursement status.
Alternatively, students can check also check their HELB loan disbursement status through the HELB USSD code: *642#
- On your mobile phone dial*642#
- Select and click the login option
- Choose loan application and disbursement
- Select loan disbursement
- You will receive an SMS concerning your loan disbursement status.
You can as well get in touch with HELB for any assistance through:
Tel: +254 711 052 000
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Twitter Handle: Tweets by HELBpageKenyans waiting for service at Helb offices.Filedead
- A-Team16 May 2022 - 1:45 pm
- Declaration16 May 2022 - 1:26 pm
- Trial Phase16 May 2022 - 12:23 pm
- Remarkable16 May 2022 - 12:37 pm
- Forthright16 May 2022 - 12:19 pm
- heart wrenching16 May 2022 - 11:11 am
- Warning16 May 2022 - 10:26 am
- Intrigues16 May 2022 - 9:50 am
- One wish16 May 2022 - 8:57 am
- Consuming16 May 2022 - 7:58 am
- disclosed16 May 2022 - 7:16 am
- Exodus15 May 2022 - 6:34 pm