Hip hop legend Nazizi Hirji has reached out to Kenyans for help after her father was rushed to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at The Nairobi Hospital.
In a video shared on her social media pages on Saturday, January 23, the Vybez Radio presenter said that her father, Firoz Hirji, needed blood donation.
"I am sharing this post as an urgent appeal.
"I will appreciate if you can head to The Nairobi Hospital and donate blood for my father," she requested.Nazizi performs at a Reggae Festival in Kenya
The Bless My Room hitmaker added that the hospital is accepting any blood group that can be provided.
"Just say that the blood you are donating is for the patient, Firoz Hirji," Naizizi said.
The musician joined Vybez Radio in August 2019 and hosts an evening reggae show.
Kenya is experiencing a shortage of blood, a crisis that has been prevalent for many years. In 2019, the Kenya National Blood Transfusion Service collected only 16 percent of the 1 million units the country needed.
“A critical review of the blood situation in Kenya shows that there is a huge gap,” Health CS Mutahi Kagwe raised concerns in May 2020.
A month later, the Ministry of Health launched a national blood donation campaign ahead of the World Blood Donor Day celebrated on June 14 every year.
In Kenya, most patients seek help on social media by requesting donors to offer assistance.
A number of cases have been reported where donors sell blood to patients and families.Blood donor in the process of giving blood.File
- Blow14 June 2021 - 8:24 am
- Playing Field13 June 2021 - 8:29 pm
- Taking Notes13 June 2021 - 7:43 pm
- Get Them Out13 June 2021 - 6:16 pm
- Reprieve13 June 2021 - 5:53 pm
- Ballot ready13 June 2021 - 6:00 pm
- Sudden13 June 2021 - 4:27 pm
- Now you know13 June 2021 - 4:42 pm
- Mercy13 June 2021 - 5:10 pm
- Revealed13 June 2021 - 4:49 pm
- Not Acceptable13 June 2021 - 1:43 pm
- Kisumu Beauty13 June 2021 - 1:28 pm