A family reportedly burnt down 23 houses belonging to their neighbours to avenge the killing of their two-year-old child in Elegeyo Marakwet County.
The said child was struck by an arrow while tied to his mother's back on Wednesday, January 27.
The incident is said to have occurred when two neighboring siblings fighting over inheritance tore at each other before one of them fired an arrow at his brother only to miss and hit the child.
"The two brothers were fighting over wealth when one of them ran into the house and returned with a bow and an arrow and aimed at his sibling.Fire fighters trying to put out a fireFile
"Sensing danger, the brother hid, and unfortunately the arrow hit and pierced the child," a witness recalled, adding that the baby was strapped at the mother's back.
Sadly, the infant was pronounced dead on arrival at the Endo Mission Hospital. The mother was also admitted after sustaining minor injuries.
In retaliation, relatives of the woman turned against their neighbours and burnt down the houses to express their anger. The man alleged to have shot the arrow ran after after sensing that his life was in danger.
Police have launched investigations into the matter.Entrance to a Kenya police station.File
- pressing26 February 2021 - 7:29 pm
- Change of Command26 February 2021 - 7:57 pm
- Boosted26 February 2021 - 7:31 pm
- unfortunate26 February 2021 - 7:48 pm
- justice26 February 2021 - 6:23 pm
- Upgrade26 February 2021 - 7:40 pm
- Caution26 February 2021 - 6:22 pm
- warning26 February 2021 - 5:43 pm
- let peace prevail26 February 2021 - 4:52 pm
- Happy26 February 2021 - 4:37 pm
- revealed26 February 2021 - 3:54 pm
- Update26 February 2021 - 5:10 pm