Residents from Kilimambogo, Thika West constituency, have something to celebrate following the infrastructure development witnessed in the town in the past few months.
The area, which has not had tarmacked roads since independence, will enjoy the convenience of a smooth road after the Kilimambogo Makutano Township Road is completed.
It was reported that some residents were so excited that they removed their shoes to feel the texture as others welcomed the new development in the area.Ongoing construction on an access road in Thika town.File
"It is the first time for us to have a tarmacked road in this area. The roads have been dilapidated and so we are so happy that we have witnessed this progress," Wilson Maina, a resident, said.
"The infrastructure will help spearhead the development in this town and we are happy that we will experience the growth," said Francis Ngaruiya.
The County Government of Kiambu in conjunction with the World Bank is also set to install street lights to ensure that security is upheld in the area. The two projects will cost a total of Ksh86 million.
"We started this project in July(2020) and we are hopeful that we will be done in the next three months," said Joakim Mwangi, MCA Kilimambogo town.
In Kiambu County, the Presidential Delivery Unit (PDU) indicated that it had used billions of shillings in the construction and maintenance of roads.
Some of the completed projects include the construction of Juja Circuit roads and access to Juja Railway station at a cost of Ksh 395.5 million, upgrading to Bitumen standards of Githurai -Kimbo Phase one and two at a cumulative cost of Ksh 763 Million.
Ksh17 Billion Western Bypass is currently under construction that connects to Kikuyu - Gitaru - Wangige - Ndenderu and Ruaka.A section of the South Sudan Link road
- tragedy20 September 2021 - 10:28 pm
- CONTINENTAL GIANT20 September 2021 - 7:10 pm
- FACE OFF20 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- Revealed20 September 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Voice of the Mountain20 September 2021 - 5:30 pm
- DIRECTIVE20 September 2021 - 4:11 pm
- RESCUED20 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- Next phase20 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Change of tact20 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Interruptions20 September 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Congrats20 September 2021 - 1:05 pm
- SHOCKING20 September 2021 - 12:45 pm