Fredrick Ngatia, one of President Uhuru Kenyatta's personal lawyers, is among applicants for the Chief Justice position.
In a statement signed by Judicial Service Commission (JSC) Secretary Anne A. Amadi, the commission issued names of 13 Chief Justice applicants and nine for the Judge of the Supreme Court.
The other CJ applicants include; Prof Otinga Mare, Prof. Moni Wekesa, Hon . Mr Justice William Ouko, Hon . Mr. Justice D.K. Marete, Alice Jepkoech Yano, Hon . Lady Justice Martha Koome, Hon . Mr. Justice Mathew N. Nduma and Prof Patricia K. Mbote.Senior Counsel Fred Ngatia during a past court session(COURTESY)
Others are; Philip Kipchirchir Murgor, Said Juma Shitembwe, Qtondi Ontweka and Ombongi Brian Matagaro.
The nine applicants for the position of the Judge of the Supreme Court include; Hon Justice William Ouko, Hon Justice D.K Marete, Alice Jepkoech Yano, Hon. Lady Justice Martha Koome, Hon. Justice Sergon, Hon Justice Mathew N. Nduma, Hon Justice Kathurima M'Inoti, Dr Justry P. Lumumba Nyaberi and Hon Said Juma Chitembwe.
The commission indicated that it would shortlist and publicize the list within 14 days as provided in the First Schedule of the Judicial Service Act.
"The JSC is committed to upholding professionalism and integrity throughout the recruitment process," reads the statement in part."
The JSC advertised the position of the Chief Justice on January 20, 2021, following the David Maraga's exit.CJ Maraga at a past event
- hotspot22 September 2021 - 7:48 pm
- Tragic22 September 2021 - 7:39 pm
- COMMUNITY ACT22 September 2021 - 7:00 pm
- GOODBYE22 September 2021 - 7:15 pm
- Take Note22 September 2021 - 6:10 pm
- HISTORIC22 September 2021 - 6:07 pm
- New Sightings22 September 2021 - 5:13 pm
- FETED22 September 2021 - 4:49 pm
- Presidential Assignment22 September 2021 - 4:45 pm
- SCHOLARSHIPS22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- accident22 September 2021 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed22 September 2021 - 3:06 pm