A Radio Citizen journalist was on Monday night, February 15, rushed to hospital after he was allegedly attacked by a neighbour following a land dispute.
According to Citizen, Kaitano Nyongesa, an employee at the station, was cutting nappier grass to feed his cows at home when the neighbour allegedly attacked him with a machete.
Police are said to be holding the suspect as they investigate the incident.Microphones set up for a press conference in Nairobi on Thursday, February 20, 2020.Kenyans.co.ke
“He confronted me and told me to go and remove the sisal that had been planted at the boundaries. When I refused, he pounced on me with kicks and blows before taking the panga from me and attacking me with it,” Katano told Citizen.
Katano narrated that he had bought the piece of land from a widow who resided with the suspect in his home.
He sustained injuries to his neck, hands, shoulder, chest, and stomach, and was rushed to Naitiri hospital by neighbours and family members who came to his rescue.
He was then referred to the Webuye County Referral Hospital for further treatment.
Kaitano has since called upon the Bungoma County Commissioner Samuel Kimiti to investigate the incident.
Meanwhile, in November 2020, two journalists from Nation Media were attacked by unknown assailants while on duty at Serelipi on the Isiolo-Samburu border.
The two employees reportedly sustained injuries following the attack, and were taken to Achers Post Hospital for treatment.
The journalists were allegedly covering clashes between police and residents in the area when the incident took place.suspect
- tragedy20 September 2021 - 10:28 pm
- CONTINENTAL GIANT20 September 2021 - 7:10 pm
- FACE OFF20 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- Revealed20 September 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Voice of the Mountain20 September 2021 - 5:30 pm
- DIRECTIVE20 September 2021 - 4:11 pm
- RESCUED20 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- Next phase20 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Change of tact20 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Interruptions20 September 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Congrats20 September 2021 - 1:05 pm
- SHOCKING20 September 2021 - 12:45 pm