Ministry of Health Cabinet Secretary, Mutahi Kagwe, has appointed Radio Africa Group CEO Patrick Quarcoo to the Kenya End Malaria Council and Fund.
The council will spearhead the End Malaria Campaign which has been tasked to mobilize resources to champion the eradication of malaria.
Christopher Getonga and Dr. Willis Akhwale were appointed as the chairpersons of the council who will lead the team in the campaign.Founder and CEO of Radio Africa Group Patrick QuarcooFile
"I will do all within my powers to raise resources towards the control efforts in Kenya from all sectors of the economy," said Christopher Getonga in his acceptance speech.
Quarcoo joins Kisumy County First Lady Dorothy Nyong'o, Beatrice Maingi, Eva Muthuri, Issac Maluki, Matilu Mwau, Jacinta Wasike and Joyce Momanyi.
PQ, as he is also known, is the founder and CEO of Radio Africa which owns radio stations, a national newspaper and digital products.
Principal Secretary Susan Mochache said the team will address the financial and resource gaps and other barriers preventing the full implementation of the national malaria strategy.
The operation of the council also known as Kenya End Malaria Council and Fund is supposed to run for a period of three years.
Kagwe further said that Kenya will participate in the world’s first pilot malaria vaccine programme with 65,000 Kenyan children immunized against malaria.
The Health Minister said that End malaria campaign is meant to strengthen local, national, and regional efforts towards a malaria-free Africa.CS Kagwe During the Inaguration of End Malaria Campaignchild
- tragedy20 September 2021 - 10:28 pm
- CONTINENTAL GIANT20 September 2021 - 7:10 pm
- FACE OFF20 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- Revealed20 September 2021 - 5:52 pm
- Voice of the Mountain20 September 2021 - 5:30 pm
- DIRECTIVE20 September 2021 - 4:11 pm
- RESCUED20 September 2021 - 3:28 pm
- Next phase20 September 2021 - 2:16 pm
- Change of tact20 September 2021 - 1:24 pm
- Interruptions20 September 2021 - 12:53 pm
- Congrats20 September 2021 - 1:05 pm
- SHOCKING20 September 2021 - 12:45 pm