Former Tusker Project Fame (TPF) contestant David Ogola alias Major has come out of rehabilitation three months after Kenyans donated Ksh100,000 for his recovery.
Alvan Gatitu, also a former TPF star, said that Major had made huge steps in the recovery process since he was taken to a rehab facility in November 2020.
"Guess who is home from rehab? David Major, remember him? just came out of rehab today and he has even added some weight. There is a testimony because this man right here is not the man I last saw going away to rehab. God has surely changed Him.
"Against all and every possible odd, from kin and friends, he has a song in his heart of what the Lord has taken him through," Gatitu wrote on his social media pages.Former TPF contestants David Ogola alias Major and Alvan Gatitu pose for a photo on Monday, February 23.
Major was taken to rehab after his photos surfaced online in November 2020 showing him in the streets where he had made Mirema drive in Roysambu, his home.
Well wishers suspected that he may have been battling drugs and substance abuse.
"He looked aloof like he was unaware of what was happening and he didn't want me to host him for the night. He preferred to spend the night in a club in the area," a good samaritan, Tony Ingosi alias Shobol stated at the time.
The singer has battled seizures and depression as revealed in a post on his Facebook account in 2018.
The former TPF contestant is the son of the late Dr. Margaret Ogola, an award-winning author, medical doctor, and human rights advocate.
Dr Ogola is best known for her novel, The River and the Source, which was a set book used by students for KCSE between1999 to 2004. Ogola succumbed to cancer in 2011.Former TPF contestant David Major(COURTESY Tony Ingosi)
- New Frontier27 February 2021 - 6:30 pm
- Spike27 February 2021 - 5:29 pm
- unfortunate27 February 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Chairperson27 February 2021 - 4:06 pm
- Take Note27 February 2021 - 3:23 pm
- Withdrawal27 February 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Drainage27 February 2021 - 3:13 pm
- Easy as Pie27 February 2021 - 2:07 pm
- dangerous27 February 2021 - 1:54 pm
- Captured27 February 2021 - 1:40 pm
- Tragic27 February 2021 - 1:27 pm
- Heartmelting27 February 2021 - 1:05 pm