The government, through the Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA), has launched a new system for reporting cases of fake certificates as a country-wide crackdown on the forgeries commences.
KNQA is a government body tasked with harmonizing education, training, assessment, and quality assurance of all qualifications awarded in the country.
The agency's Director-General Dr. Juma Mukhwana disclosed that one in every three Kenyans holds a fake academic document.
In keeping with the plan to weed out holders of fake academic certificates and prosecute them, the government body unveiled the anonymous reporting portal referred to as Report Cheti Mwitu.Cheti Mwitu platform
In the portal accessed via rev.knqa.go.ke/cheti-mwitu, one can report fake, falsified, and fraudulent certificates in Kenya.
How to report Fake/Forged Certificates Online
1. The webpage is clear on the details one should input in regards to a certificate that is suspected to be a forgery.
2. You will require the certificate number, suspect's name, the institution the certificate is alleged to have been issued from, and a file upload of the document.
3. Optional fields to fill are the suspect's phone number, suspect's email, your name (name of person reporting), your email, and your contact number.
The portal has the option of report anonymous and after you are done inputting, you can press submit.Cheti Mwitu portal
The Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) together with KNQA launched a crackdown on employees with fake academic certificates.
In a meeting held at the DCI headquarters on Tuesday, February 10, the two agencies agreed to form an inter-agency team that would handle fake certificate fraud in Kenya.
The KNQA is currently developing the National Qualifications Information Management System (NAQMIS) which is going to be a one-stop database of all our qualifications from the basic, TVET and university sectors.
The institution has also established a department that has developed national policies and standards for managing fake and fraudulent qualifications in the country. The authority currently runs a service of verifying qualifications for employers, training institutions and other stakeholders.KNQA chairperson Dr. Kilemi Mwiria (left), DCI Director George Kinoti (centre), and KNQA Director-General Dr. Juma Mukhwana (right) on February 9, 2021.
One can also opt to verify their certificates on the website.
How to Verify your Certificates
You will need
Filled verification of certificate application form available on www.knqa.go.ke
A copy of the academic credential;
A copy of Identity Card or passport.
Recognition and Equation Process
Verification is authenticating an award of an academic credential: Equation means determining the position of qualification on KNQF: Recognition is the formal acknowledgment of qualification by the Authority.
A Kenyan with a foreign qualification or a foreigner with a foreign qualification or a Kenyan or a foreigner with a local qualification from a qualification awarding body not registered on the KNQF can do the following to get services;
1. Submit your qualifications to KNQA for assessment- Fill the KNQA/L/005 Form for Recognition of Qualifications and/or the Verification of Qualifications Form for Verification available at the KNQA offices or on www.knqa.go.ke.
2. Submit certified copies of the following documents
- Identity Card or Passport.
- Transcripts and Certificates.
What are the Service Fees?
Equation of qualifications for Kenyan citizens - Ksh5,000
Equation of qualifications for foreign nationals - Ksh10,000
Verification of Qualification for Kenyan citizens - Ksh1,000
Verification of qualification for foreign citizens - Ksh2,000
Payment of all fees for services offered by KNQA shall be deposited to the bank account details
Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA)
Kenya Commercial Bank Ltd
Moi Avenue Branch
Account No. 1208626825
- Playing Field13 June 2021 - 8:29 pm
- Taking Notes13 June 2021 - 7:43 pm
- Get Them Out13 June 2021 - 6:16 pm
- Reprieve13 June 2021 - 5:53 pm
- Ballot ready13 June 2021 - 6:00 pm
- Sudden13 June 2021 - 4:27 pm
- Now you know13 June 2021 - 4:42 pm
- Mercy13 June 2021 - 5:10 pm
- Revealed13 June 2021 - 4:49 pm
- Not Acceptable13 June 2021 - 1:43 pm
- Kisumu Beauty13 June 2021 - 1:28 pm
- Ultimatum13 June 2021 - 12:40 pm