KTN News anchor Akisa Wandera on Monday, March 1, explained her absence from the screen for the past few weeks as having been occasioned by Covid-19.
Akisa revealed that she had contracted Covid-19, and had been battling the illness for the past two weeks.
She went on to appeal to Kenyans to observe all the precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the disease.KTN News anchor Akisa Wandera in studio.File
"Daily reminder to wear your mask and take all necessary precautions. That virus has shown me terrible things these past two weeks," she stated.
The anchor conveyed that she was on the road to full recovery since she started exhibiting symptoms.
In one of her last broadcasts, just before she tested positive for Covid-19, Akisa hosted Health CAS Mercy Mwangangi on her show, Front Row, where they discussed Kenya's handling of the pandemic.
As of Sunday, February 28, Kenya's cumulative confirmed Covid-19 positive cases stood at 105,973.
Total recoveries stand at 86,678 since the first case was reported with the fatalities at 1,856.
This comes after CS Kagwe assured Kenyans that the government had acquired a vaccine which was due to arrive in the country on Tuesday, March 2, and would be first administered to health workers.
Kagwe stated that the vaccine would comprise 1.02 million doses, which is the first batch of the 4.1 million expected doses. Kenya is expected to import 24 million doses of the vaccine.
"The arrival of the vaccine does not mean that we drop our guards. We are not yet out of the woods. The world does not have enough vaccines for everyone at the moment," Kagwe advised.Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe addressing the media on November 26, 2020Filefatal death
- Remarkable21 September 2021 - 8:03 pm
- UNVEILING21 September 2021 - 7:59 pm
- Politicking21 September 2021 - 7:16 pm
- tragedy21 September 2021 - 6:38 pm
- Pay Up21 September 2021 - 6:28 pm
- details21 September 2021 - 6:06 pm
- Boosting relations21 September 2021 - 5:40 pm
- Remarkable21 September 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Orders Issued21 September 2021 - 4:37 pm
- SHOCKING21 September 2021 - 4:20 pm
- Appeal21 September 2021 - 3:57 pm
- AMAZING21 September 2021 - 3:39 pm