The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has announced 1,550 job vacancies for teachers.
The commission declared the vacancies to replace teachers who exited service through natural attrition.
There are 1,119 posts for primary schools and 431 posts for secondary schools for which interested candidates can apply for.
According to an advert by TSC the teachers recruited will serve on permanent and pensionable terms of service.
"Interested and qualified candidates for secondary school vacancies should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website not later than March 8, 2021," the notice advised.
Requirements for application
To qualify for recruitment, a candidate should meet the following basic requirements:
1) Be a Kenyan citizen
2) Must be a holder of a P1 certificate in the case of primary schools and a minimum of a diploma in education in the case of secondary schools
3) Must be a registered teacher with the Teachers Service Commission.
How to apply for TSC Teachers' jobs
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications online through the Commission’s website, www.tsc.go.ke under ‘Careers’ or teachersonline.tsc.go.ke
1. Visit the Teachers Service commissions (TSC) online portal.
2. Once you sign into the portal, head over to the 'Careers' tab, click on it then proceed to 'active promotions'.
4. Once on the page, you will be presented with two options ‘view/ apply’, you can view the details of the job then apply for the post.
5. You can then enter your surname, ID, and TSC numbers to proceed.
6. Fill in the details that follow, they include basic, professional, and other details to complete the application
Additional Guidelines for Applicants
1) To qualify for appointment on permanent and pensionable terms of service, a candidate should be eligible to serve for a minimum period of ten (10) continuous years, effective from the date of the first appointment as required by law
2) The Teachers Service Commission Recruitment Guidelines for Recruitment of Teachers - 2020/2021 shall apply.
3) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
4) In the case of primary schools, successful candidates will be posted to serve in any part of the country where vacancies exist and not necessarily in the county where they were recruited.
5) Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce original professional and academic certificates.
6) Successful candidates must not fill in more than one Application for Employment Forms. Filling of two or more Application for Employment Forms will lead to disqualification.
7) Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously been employed by the Teachers Service Commission.
8) Manual applications will not be accepted.
9) For detailed information on available vacancies per county/or school, applicants are advised to visit the TSC Website.
The Teachers Service Commission noted that it was an equal opportunity employer and persons with disabilities (PWDs) were encouraged to apply.
It added that the recruitment exercise was free of charge.
The commission further warned applicants against fraudsters who might extort money from unsuspecting persons purporting to assist in recruitment.
Reporting of fraud
Any fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest TSC office or headquarters through the following telephone lines: Director Staffing (0202892193) and Deputy Director - Staffing (0202892131) or write to the Commission through the email address email@example.com.
In addition, any such fraudulent activity should be reported to the nearest police station.