The son of Kandara MP Alice Wahome has condemned Deputy President William Ruto, terming him as a detractor to President Uhuru Kenyatta's plans.
In a video posted on the 5th Estate, the lawyer compared the situation between the President and his deputy William Ruto to a book published by George Orwell by the name 'Animal Farm'
The book refers to a leader with a plan and a detractor executing a scheme.Kandara MP Alice Wahome in her office.
"Ruto has urinated on the president's plan without giving an alternative and so I ask, is he a friend or an enemy?" the lawyer posed.
Further, he questioned why the Mt Kenya region would oppose the referendum, bearing in mind that there will be an increased revenue allocation.
"Dear house of Gema, Uhuru Kenyatta has proposed to increase revenue allocation to Gema by almost 80 billion and so I ask, what is wrong with that?
"Between a man who doubles your revenue or one who tells you to reject the money, who is your enemy," he posed.
Wahome's son, who works for a firm owned by Mutahi Ngunyi, seems to have a contradictory opinion to his mother who is a fierce supporter of the DP.
The Ruto allied MP was among lawmakers who wrote an open letter to the president, decrying the state of the economy, alleged betrayal of the DP, political 'persecution' and Uhuru's handshake with ODM leader Raila Odinga.
"We are just raising what we feel, as elected leaders, should be addressed and he can do what he chooses with the letter’s content,” she said," Wahome stated.
The leaders said they would not champion an agenda fronted by the ODM leader, the same person Uhuru cautioned them against during the 2013 and 2017 polls.
- NEXT STEP16 January 2022 - 6:56 pm
- setback16 January 2022 - 7:11 pm
- Looming Crisis16 January 2022 - 5:49 pm
- Pandemonium16 January 2022 - 4:17 pm
- top secret16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- groundbreaking16 January 2022 - 4:36 pm
- TIPS16 January 2022 - 4:12 pm
- Sky is the Limit16 January 2022 - 2:39 pm
- reality check16 January 2022 - 3:02 pm
- appreciation16 January 2022 - 1:07 pm
- Listen Up16 January 2022 - 12:22 pm
- Warning16 January 2022 - 12:12 pm